The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)—the nation’s top-ranked technology and economic policy think tank—seeks an economic policy analyst to work on a wide range of economic policy issues related to technological innovation, productivity, and competitiveness, such as documenting the impact of information and communications technologies and R&D investments on nations’ economic and productivity growth. The analyst will identify, collect, and analyze data; conduct scholarly literature reviews; and draft reports, blog posts, and op-ed articles. The position will be in Washington, DC, and will report to ITIF’s vice president of global innovation policy.
The ideal applicant will be a detail-oriented, intrinsically motivated self-starter who can develop innovative and original insights, analysis, and authorship while also thriving in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. He or she will be a quick study and highly productive researcher, writer, and thinker.
- Help conduct a policy research program focusing on state, national, and international policy related to innovation and economic growth.
- Locate, extract, manipulate, find patterns, and draw conclusions from public and private datasets.
- Compile and analyze data from national statistical economic databases.
- Write clear and incisive policy reports, op-ed articles, blog posts, and other materials on a broad variety of policy areas relating to innovation and economics.
- Ideal candidate has at least a bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or related field.
- A strong background in Excel and an understanding of statistics and data analytics.
- Exceptional writing skills, especially an ability to write succinctly and persuasively for policy audiences.
- Keen interest in technology, innovation, and public policy.
- Knowledge of business economics and the federal economic statistics system would be a plus.
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to email@example.com, and indicate in the subject line of the email that your application is for the position of “economic policy analyst”:
- Cover letter stating your specific interest and qualifications for the position. Resumes submitted without a tailored cover letter will not be considered.
- A writing sample of at least five pages, preferably on a related topic.