Special Assistant to the President and the Chief Operating Officer
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation—a Washington, DC think tank—seeks a Special Assistant to help manage office operations and coordinate calendar and travel for the President. The position reports to the President of ITIF and the Chief Operating Officer.
ITIF has been recognized as the second most influential science and technology think tank in the world, and it is among America’s top 50 think tanks overall. It has earned that distinction by nimbly producing high-caliber research reports, policy analysis and commentary, and by staging a rich program of panel discussions and other events, which it hosts in its Washington office and other locations. The Special Assistant will play an important role in supporting all of this activity.
- Managing calendar and travel of ITIF president
- Composing, editing, and handling correspondence
- Preparing invoices and expense reports
- Coordinating meetings
- Supporting ITIF event logistics
- Maintaining contact database
- Supporting editorial process by formatting and copy-editing documents
- Updating and maintaining ITIF report archive
- Conducting Internet research
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, intensely focused team environment
- Self-motivation, problem-solving skills, and competence to work without tight supervision
- Professional business communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Internet skills
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and includes a health benefits package, generous paid vacation, annual performance based bonus and public transportation reimbursement.
Application Process: To apply for the position, please submit the following to email@example.com:
1) Cover Letter
Please note that you are applying for the Special Assistant position in the subject title of your application.