ITIF Communications Internship
ITIF is a public policy think tank that focuses on innovation and technology policy. It conducts research in a host of areas including: privacy and internet policy, manufacturing and competitiveness, trade policy, energy, telecommunications, and life sciences and biotechnology policy. We also seek to educate policymakers, corporate executives and advocates working in these areas to assist in improving understanding of technology and innovation policy and increase the quality of the laws that are ultimately implemented.
We are seeking a communications intern who can assist in promoting the ITIF mission and message. This will include assisting with press engagement, social media activity, event promotion and management and stakeholder outreach. The position is unpaid but could be used for school credit.
Specific tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in tweeting from @ITIFdc about upcoming events, reports and news articles ITIF is quoted in as well as engaging individuals tweeting about our issue areas.
- Attend ITIF events and assist with live tweeting of important points while engaging the online community in potential question and answer.
- Review morning newsletters (Politico, National Journal, etc…,) New York Times, Washington Post and other top publications and pull stories related to our issue areas. Tweet and send to analysts as appropriate.
- Edit blog posts, press releases and op-eds on an as needed basis and draft pieces as the internship progresses.
- Assist individual policy analysts with promotion of specific reports and event on an as needed basis.
- Flag news stories related to ITIF supporters and share with analysts and Outreach Director.
- Assist in set-up and operation of ITIF Capitol Hill Happy Hours and supporter lunches.
For more information or to apply please contact Communications Director William Dube at email@example.com.