The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF) is seeking an Events Manager to plan, manage, and promote high-quality, high-impact events including retreats, conferences, receptions, dinners, panel discussions, and debates. The Events Manager will have primary responsibility for all activities needed to prepare for events including coordinating venues, catering, and marketing, and handling pre-event communication with participants. The Events Manager will also be responsible for ensuring day-of event logistics run smoothly, such as registration, audio/visual technology, and live streaming, as well as completing all post-event follow-up. This position will report to the President and the Chief of Staff of ITIF and work closely with both the Director of Development and External Relations and the Communications Director.
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate all details for on-site and off-site events
- Promote events through email marketing, social media, flyers, and personal outreach
- Working with internal communications team to execute a press strategy for all events
- Book venues, order food, negotiate fees, and handle contracts with vendors, while ensuring events stay within budget
- Coordinate outreach and logistics for participants and VIPs
- Train staff on proper event procedures to ensure all events meet ITIF’s high standards
- Prepare event materials, such as agendas, handouts, signage, promotional materials, etc.
- Manage conference-related partnerships and sponsorships
- Continuously evaluate and improve the quality of events
- Working with staff to identify event opportunities
- A bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing or a related field, with ideally at least two years of event coordination and marketing experience, preferably in the non-profit sector,
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail, with an ability to meet and anticipate deadlines, use time effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced environment,
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral, including strong writing and editing skills, and
- Willingness to occasionally work irregular hours, such as early mornings and weekends, to meet deadlines, as well as occasional travel
To apply for this position, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, including one suggestion for how you would improve ITIF’s public events
Applications without all materials will not be considered.