Economic Research Analyst
The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation—a Washington, D.C.-based think tank—is seeking to hire an Economic Research Analyst to assist with the research and writing efforts on a project focused on state, national and international policy related to innovation and economic growth.
This position reports to the President of ITIF.
- Help conduct a policy research program focusing on state, national and international policy related to innovation and economic growth
- Locate, extract, manipulate, find patterns and draw conclusions from government data sources and private datasets
- Write policy reports, op-eds, blogs and other materials
- Ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, or similar field with a statistics background
- Knowledge of macroeconomic theory
- Data analysis experience and a solid background in Excel, including lookups and pivots
- Excellent writing skills, especially an ability to write for policy audiences
- Ability to communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of business economics and federal system of economic accounting a plus
Application Process: To apply for the position, please submit the following to the Director of Personnel at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Writing sample of at least 3 pages
ITIF is a non-profit, non-partisan public policy think tank committed to articulating and advancing a pro-productivity and pro-innovation public policy agenda. We believe that innovation is central to spurring economic growth and addressing key societal challenges and that public policies should actively work to support innovation, productivity and economic competitiveness. ITIF works to help policymakers understand the critical importance of innovation and innovation policy. We produce publications, hold events, meet with policy makers, speak at forums and engage in other activities to shape innovation policy.